DetailsThe Astro 60 Brushless Geared Motor is designed for maximum power and efficiency in a very small size. Only 2.15 inches in diameter and 2.4 inches long, the Geared motor weighs 21 ounces (600 grams). The 60 motor requires a high voltage sensorless speed control like the Phoenix HV45 or HV85. The motor features two ball bearings, an eight pole samarium cobalt rotor and two inch 24 slot stator. The gear box has two ball bearings and stainless steel helical gears. Motor efficiency runs between 88% and 92% for most applications.
* Power of a 90 Glow Motor, over 2,000 watts.
* Spins 20 inch APC Prop at 6,000 Rpm on 10 cells.
* Small size only 2.2 inches dia. and 2.4 inches long
* Robust and lightweight, only 21 ounces 600 grams).
* Powerful eight pole SMCO rotor will never demag.
* Special 24 slot stator for smooth running and high torque.
* Silicon steel laminations for over 90% efficiency
* Runs on three to five Lithium Polymer cells.
* Can handle up to 45 Amps current draw.
* Requires a Phoenix HV 45 sensorless control.
* Perfect for ten to fifteen pound sport scale models.
For an explanation of motor terminology and parameters, please click here.