DetailsThe Astro 60 Brushless Motor is designed for maximum power and efficiency in a very small size.
Only 2.15 inches in diameter and 2.4 inches long, the motor weighs 16 ounces (450 grams). The
60 motor requires a high voltage sensorless speed control like the Phoenix HV45 or HV85. The
motor eatures two ball bearings, an eight pole samarium cobalt rotor and two inch 24 slot stator.
Motor efficiency runs between 88% and 92% for most applications.
* Power of a 60 Glow Motor, over 1,500 watts.
* Spins 12 inch APC Prop over 12,000 Rpm on 8 cells.
* Small size only 2.2 inches dia. and 2.4 inches long
* Robust and lightweight, only 16 ounces ( 450 grams).
* Powerful four pole SMCO rotor will never demagnetize.
* Special 24 slot stator for smooth running and high torque.
* Silicon steel laminations for over 90% efficiency
* Runs on six to eight Lithium Polymer cells.
* Can handle up to 45 Amps current draw.
* Requires a Phoenix HV 45 sensorless control.
* Perfect for 6 to 10 pound sport scale models.
* Always Handcrafted in Irvine, California U.S.A.
*Revised March 2008
For an explanation of motor terminology and parameters, please click here.