Upgrade micro chip for model 109 Lithium Charger. The new features include:
1. Cell Count is Locked in as soon as battery is detected.
2. Time out is increased from 1 hour to 10 hours.
3. Amp Hours are increased for 9.5 to 95 amp hours.
4. Now you can charge large packs in parallel.
5. Discharge stops at 3.2 volts per cell.
6. Charging stops at 4.2 volts per cell.
This micro chip is easy to install. It plugs into the socket on your circuit board and upgrades your charger to the latest Software Version 2.0. Remove the four screws which are holding the charger together. Flip the face plate over. Use needle nose pliers to carefully remove (wiggle upwards) the old chip from its socket and carefully press in the new chip. The small notch on the chip faces the middle of the charger, not the edge of the charger. If it goes in backwards no harm will be done, but you will see black squares on the display. You may use a Popsicle stick to guide in the feet and press gently.
WARNING! LITHIUM BATTERIES ARE A POTENTIAL FIRE HAZARD.
NEVER LEAVE THE BATTERY UNATTENDED WHILE CHARGING. ALWAYS CHARGE IN A FIRE PROOF CONTAINER.
Do not charge in a house, garage nor an automobile
Never top off a fully charged battery nor charge a swollen pack.
Never fast charge if any cell is less than 3.2 volts.
Always verify and monitor correct battery voltage and correct cell count.
Please be safe!